In the midst of technological and medical developments, anti-aging solutions are becoming more and more accessible. Dermatologists are even encouraging the use of products and methods that can delay the onset of premature signs of aging and even correct the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, loose skin or unsightly spots.
In this article, you will find out what solutions the specialists recommend for maintaining a young and healthy skin for many years.
Although some products intended to regain the optimal appearance of the skin are sometimes caught in various controversies, dermatologists say that most of them even contribute to fulfilling the dream of staying youthful for ever, to some extent. Topical creams with retinoids, lotion removal lotions, peptide formulas or growth factors – all have proven to have real anti-aging effects. How you choose and use them, however, greatly influences the extent to which they work.
1. Avoid products that promise unrealistic results
It is important not to invest your confidence in miracle creams that promise the results obtained by botox injection or cosmetic surgery. Keeping your skin in optimum shape requires constant effort, so you won’t get incredible results overnight. If a simple cream could have had the effect of beauty treatments and other complicated solutions, it would have long been replaced by more or less invasive anti-aging techniques.
2. Start the special anti-aging regimen on time
It is always better to prevent than to treat. This medical phrase also perfectly applies to delay the appearance of the first signs of skin aging, because once wrinkles and fine lines are formed, they can no longer be permanently removed, but only hidden and corrected.
Dermatologists say that the personal anti-aging regimen should start around the age of 30. At this point in life, the process of cell regeneration slows down, and wrinkles and spots appear to be becoming more visible and present. Applying a cream that protects against wrinkles can be good even befor the age of 25, especially if you have dry skin or skin prone to various dermatological problems.
3. Know the most important ingredients that keep your skin in shape
Because the cosmetic industry has a dizzying variety of products promoted as having exceptional anti-aging effects, it can be difficult to select the ones you really need. Specialists say there are four products and ingredients that are suitable as an anti-aging care regimen.
– SPF protection No product can better protect against the early appearance of wrinkles and fine lines than a lotion of quality sun protection. Learn how to use it properly, regularly, for maintaining a youthful skin.
– Antioxidants These are essential for skin health, as they neutralize the reactions of chemical radicals in the skin tissue, after exposure to the sun and environmental pollutants. Vitamins C and E, green tea, soy, ferulic acid or idebenone are the antioxidants that the skin needs to stay in shape until the late years of maturity.
– Retinol This ingredient penetrates the upper layer of the skin tissue, up to the layers of elastin and collagen, to stimulate new cell production and cell regeneration, while also reducing the size of dilated pores.
– Hydration agents As long as you maintain the required level of hydration of the skin from the outside and inside, you have better chances of postponing its aging.
4. Pay more attention to sensitive portions of the skin
Dermatologists say that certain skin regions are more sensitive than others, so they need special attention in the anti-aging regimen. For example, the skin around the eyes is the one that ages the fastest, because it is thinner, deprived of sebaceous glands and vulnerable to the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays.
Also, the areas of the face used for facial expressions are more susceptible to fine lines and wrinkles on the forehead, the portion between the eyebrows, the edges of the lips, etc. Pay more attention to these regions when helping your skin stay hydrated and firm, but it is equally important to apply skin care products all over the face, including the neck, chest and upper palm.
5. Do not change your skin care products too often
Precisely because they cannot deliver amazing results overnight, anti-aging skin care products tend to be changed too often, as they seem ineffective after a few days of use. Dermatologists advise you to give anti-aging creams, lotions and serums a 60-90 day radius to evaluate their effectiveness. Used daily, they produce effects only after 3-4 months of proper use.
6. Try effective care products, not expensive
Anti-aging cosmetics do not have to be expensive to really work in delaying the appearance of aging signs. There are many effective formulas with potent anti-aging agents that are not in the category of luxury creams.
– Vitamin B3 creams These are also called botox in a bottle, because vitamin B3 (niacin) regenerates the skin cells by stimulating blood circulation and leaving the skin smoother, more uniform, with less visible wrinkles.
– Creams with blackberry extract The famous American doctor, Dr. Oz, recommends these creams for the removal of the unsightly spots that appear with age, because of the action of free radicals and UV rays. Blackberry extract (arbutrin) slows down the process of melanin production.
– Collagen pills Dr. Oz also recommends the administration of dietary supplements with collagen, to prevent and slow down the formation of wrinkles. These are also beneficial for the health of hair, nails and joints.